- Why is there so much suffering in the world and what kind of God would allow it to happen?
- Is God punishing the Jews?
- Does the punishment fit the crime?
- Is their suffering a test of faith?
- If God is so powerful, why does He not help His people?
The movie also raises the question of how does one tell if someone is Jewish. During the Holocaust, there were Jews who had abandoned their faith for generations before Hitler's rise to power. Despite this, they were rounded up and exterminated anyway.
- Is Judaism a religion or a race?
- How did the Nazis determine who was Jewish and who was not?
Keep up the wonderful dialogue!