Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Elie should not forgive the Nazis because they ruined his life and put his life through hell. Elie should not forgive the Nazis because they killed his mom, sisters, and his uncle. Not only did he have to deal with his family being killed, but he also had to witness many people around him being killed. In addition, he had to work a ton and was a slave. After being put through all of that, I do not see how anyone could forgive that. It is unforgivable. Elie should be disgusted with the Nazis and at the time should have been thinking about getting back at them. He should want to kill every single Nazi after having to deal with them taking him out of his home, taking him to a camp, and witnessing everything that he did. The question should not be if Elie should forgive the Nazis, it should be if Elie should have gotten back at the Nazis. He may be able to forgive the people that did all of these horrible things and that is understandable but there is no way I would forgive there actions.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I agree that it is unforgivable, but with the memories from hell eating at you, you might want revenge. If you do any sort of revenge then that makes you just like them. I say in my post that Elie should forgive the Nazis, do I think that it would be easy, No, do I think that I could... more than likely I don't think I could but I think that the burning pain and sorrow would eat me alive so in a way I think that it is necessary to forgive to go on in life. But good post! You did a great job stating your opinion.

Kyle said...

I agree with all of your post man. Killing nearly 11 million people would be difficult to forgive, especially if it were one of your own family members. Good post.

Siebz said...

i agree with you on that elie should not forgive, how could anyone forgive anyone forgive the Nazis for what they did to the Jews? Very good post

Scott said...

I agree with your post i don't think that elie should forgive the Nazis for what they did either. Theres no way that i could if they killed my family and almost took my life to. The one thing i read in your post was when you said he should want to kill every single Nazi he probably wouldn't want to do that if he just went through all of the killing and seen how hard it was to deal with. But other than that good post i agree with you.

Shelby said...

I can see that you feel very strongly about this, and you do have a very well written post, but I just don't see it that way. Josh, nothing is unforgivable. Somthings are unforgettable, but nothing is unforgivable. Forgiveness is a choice. One can either choose to forgive someone who hurts them or choose not to, therefore it is always an option. Do the Natzis deserve forgiveness? No, absolutly not. What they did was pure evil. But Elie should still forgive them. Not for their sake but for his. To help him heal. It is the right thing to do. If he harbors all of that anger towards the Natzis then it will just slowly begin to consume him until there is nothing left inside of him, no hope, no happiness, no love, no joy, no peace, just the overwhelming blazing anger. It is always better to forgive. By forgiving those who hurt him, he proves that he is the better man.