Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Foregiveness is the Key


Forgiveness is one of the most complex concepts to consider in this situation. On one hand forgiveness seems necessary for one to have a healthy outlook on life. To deny forgiveness and bottle up hatred can lead to depression and one being perpetually stuck in the events of the past. To forgive is to allow the individual to grow as a person, to move on. On the other hand, it would be extremely difficult to forgive those who were personally responsible for all the tragedy and hardships in one’s life, especially in Elie’s case. However, I do believe that Elie should forgive the Nazis, even though they definitely do not deserve it. Yes, what happened to him, and millions of others, was terrible, tragic, and should never have been allowed to happen in the first place, but it happened in the past and cannot be changed now. By forgiving those who have hurt him he can achieve closure, and move on with his life. Forgiveness is the key to unlocking happiness.

Shelby Smith

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I really agree with you! Your last sentence says it all! Great job. :)

Shelby E. said...

I really like your post! You explained it so well. I like how you said "By forgiving those who have hurt him he can achieve closure, and move on with his life." I agree with that and thats something I put in my post. Good Job!

Lindee said...

I agree that what you said. "Forgiveness is the key to unlocking happiness". Forgiving always makes me feel better, it feels like you don't have that lump inside your throat I don't know something like that. Good Job!!

***SHANO THE DRAINO*** said...

Nice post. You backed up your answer with some really good points. You also explained it well. Nice post!