Friday, December 5, 2008

As We Forgive Those who Tresspass Against Us




The men that took his everything , his all, his life. Should he forgive the man that took his identity, tore out his heart of faith, vanished his life and family? A person can’t hold onto hate forever, it eats away the good, the part of life that ticks. So, yes he should forgive that man that let his faith burn, his family die, his heart left empty. Forgiveness is hard to give out, but time doesn’t last forever, you only get one chance to live, so forgive. Yes I feel that he should forgive the Nazis, but not only them, maybe that anger that stole his faith, that soup that never filled, or his heart that seemed he could not love, he needed to forgive himself. To meet the men face to face that took everything he had may make him feel like his heart can no longer beat or his voice would not speak, but maybe to forgive those men would let life tick and his heart beat. Life may hate them, but his heart should forgive them. All lives will go on, but forgiveness will live on for those that go on.

9 comments:

Michael said...

I agree with you he should forget them i understand that it would be hard to and maybe he cant forgive them 100% but he must try so he can try and live on without having all that hate inside of his heart.. Really good post

Jack Marie said...

Lindee, your post was extremely powerful to me! I agree with everything you had to say and then some! I like how you said that we only have one chance to live, to forgive. I agree with that! This horrible event that took place really makes you think hard about everything. Good post, Dually! I liked it a lot! :D

Katrina said...

Wow. I really really like your post. It was very powerful, and i totally agree with every word you said. :D

Unknown said...

AMAZING POST! "You only get one life to live, so forgive." You have this totally right. I can't agree with you more. Forgiveness is a gradual process but eventually he should let the pain go. All I really have to say about this post is, WELL SAID!

Senior 09 said...

Your post was Great and was very meaningful, i agree with almost everything you said

Whitney said...

I love your post, all your classmates seem to be against forgiveness, but they just aren't seeing it in the right light. Your writing is powerful and makes complete sense. The best post I have seen so far!

Constance said...

"A person can’t hold onto hate forever, it eats away the good, the part of life that ticks." I really liked this part of your post. It is true that a person can not hold onto hate forever or it will eat away all the good. When you hold onto that hate that is what consumes you, you spend all your time just thinking about it. You never have anything good in your life because you do not accept it since all you think about is the hate you have. It just eats away at your life. The Nazis are doing more pain now to the Jewish people if they do not forgive because they can not live their 'new lives' being happy. Good post!

student said...

I liked the part when you said "you only get one chance to live". I agree with that, but what I do not agree with is that he should forgive himself. He did nothing wrong that would call for him to need forginess. It was the Nazis who stole everything, caused such mayhem and uproar among the Jewish religion. So if you ask me none of the Nazis victims have anything that would need to be forgiven.

Lindee said...

I didn't mean that he did anything thing wrong, but he did say something about how he was angry with his father and how he was relieved that he was gone so he didn't have to take care of him anymore. I just meant for the little things. Also maybe if he wanted to believe in God again wouldn't you have ask for forgiveness? I didn't mean the same type of forgiveness for the Nazis thats a whole different ball park.